For Reference

:@) SLIGHTLY RECOMMENDED
:@) :@) RECOMMENDED
:@) :@) :@) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chihuahua Mexican Grill :@) :@) :@)


7838 Makati Ave. (Across A-Venue Mall)
Makati City, Metro Manila

Burrito Heaven... is no longer a lie...



Yes I do have a love affair with burritos as seen with my post previous to this... and I'm pretty confident I have found the holy grail of burrito in the country. The source? Chihuahua Mexican Grill. The reason I enjoy eating burritos is I think it's really smart, a whole meal that can be eaten with just your hands. I also love how in every bite there's a unique combination of flavors that attack your taste buds. Chihuahua's burritos definitely deliver in all these aspects and none of my usual complaints were present at all. The meat wasn't dry and tasted great. The amount of sauce didn't drown out the flavor of the other components and everything was harmonized pretty well. Oh my I'm gushing too much and it's only about the food... but wait there's more :)

As I entered the restaurant I saw Ines (my former teacher), who co-manages the place. She gave me a mini tour of the restaurant and explained to me how things work. She also showed me the wall of hot sauce that contains bottles of different hot sauce from all over. As a lover of spicy things I was awe struck. Then she also showed us their awesome selection of beverages (She heavily recommends the margaritas unfortunately didn't get to try :( ). Some of the beverages they serve are extremely rare fi which adds more value when you visit. :) 

From my limited memory this is what I remember in the how things work department.

You step up to the counter and choose your choice of

Step 1 Proteins (Chicken, Pork, Beef) P295 for a protein then... 

You're given the choice of how you want your selected protein to be served

Step 2 Presentation (Taco, Burrito, Burrito Bowl)

Here's my meal with burrito buddy Lora...


Pork Burrito P295 ($6.50) :@) :@) :@)


Steak Burrito P295 ($6.50) :@) :@) :@)

I visited the place at around 6PM so it was still purely dinner and quiet. I've heard though as it gets later at night it gets more fun and gets geared towards a party atmosphere. I'd visit the place again at a later hour just to try it out :).

End of the day it's awesome food, an awesome time. Definitely this place is a must try if you love burritos... and even if you don't.


Happy Pigout :@)



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails