For Reference

:@) SLIGHTLY RECOMMENDED
:@) :@) RECOMMENDED
:@) :@) :@) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Friday, April 30, 2010

David's Tea House :@) :@)

Davids Tea House



68 Timog Ave. cor. Tomas Morato Ave.
Quezon City, Metro Manila

So I was waiting for my friend around the Tomas Morato Area for a couple of hours so I decided to go take a bite first at David's Teahouse to pass the time. I couldn't pass up the opportunity anyway because me and this restaurant go way back. I used to treat myself and my buddies to a meal here of the classic holy triumvirate of Chinese food (salt and pepper squid, sweet and sour pork and lemon chicken) after exams when i was still in high school. Sadly the greenhills branch closed down when they renovated what was then Virramall and I haven't eaten in David's Teahouse for about 7 years. So I went in fingers crossed that their quality didn't degrade which happens often in the Philippines when you become an established restaurant that has been around for more than 5 years. I apologize for the lousy pictures, cellphone camera.
Well after the 7 year wait here we go

David's Teahouse initial set up, besides the obviously missing chop sticks its pretty standard for a Philippine teahouse. House tea is fine, nothing that rocks your socks though.

Asado Siopao (2pcs) P60 ($1.25)








The meat buns were pretty good. The meat inside was moist, meat portion was reasonably sized and the bun was just right. I was quite pleased with it.

Hakaw P90($2)

The shrimp puffs were above average compared to other restaurants in this target market. Shrimp puff was huge, the skin was thin and properly seasoned. Another plus

David's Special Noodles P170($3.75)

Personally I'm a noodle guy. If I go to a Chinese restaurant this is how I will ultimately judge if I'm going back or not. So I naturally went for the best which is the choice above. Actually its just because it had special in the name. So what makes it so special? What they serve is a deconstructed noodle bowl which I like. The various toppings include fish cakes, bok choy, fish ball, authentic beef ball <- (this is awesome) and some beef brisket. The broth didn't taste like the usual MSG water that is served in most Chinese restaurants and what I found really amazing is that there were actual beef chunks in the soup. I loved this dish but its not the best I've eaten.

Overall I'd have to say that David's Teahouse is still a pretty good place to eat in. I'd like to see them push more to compete with other restaurants but hey, why fix something that's not broken. I'd recommend this place if you're tired of going to your usual Chinese Restaurant.

Note: This place also offers ala carte shabu shabu. Try it out also when you have the chance

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails